Our aim at the Legal Productivity blog is to provide practical, actionable productivity tips for law firms, lawyers, legal professionals and anyone kind enough to visit our site. We get inspiration from a number of sources including our own experience, the social channels and other productivity blogs. Here’s a roundup of the top 10 productivity blogs that we check out daily in our RSS reader or follow on Twitter and Facebook.
Get ready for some productivity porn.
1. Lifehacker – The grandaddy of productivity sites, Lifehacker has a one-line description of its site that says it all: “Tips, tricks, and downloads for getting things done.” This is a long time favorite of mine.
2. Time Management Ninja – Craig Jarrow’s shared love of Evernote got me to the site and I never left. Along with time management and Evernote advice, Craig offers tips and insights on iPads and iPhones, email, and getting organized.
3. Zen Habits – This blog is all about simplifying your life. Author Leo Babauta, a decluttering evangelist, practices what he preaches.
4. The Positivity Blog – Henrik Edberg shares personal development advice gleaned from his own experience. Learn how to live a happier life, increase confidence, reduce procrastination and become more productive.
5. Pick The Brain – Over 200 bloggers from around the world contribute self improvement content with a focus on personal productivity, motivation and self education.
6. Harvard Business Review – @HarvardBiz‘ vibrant social media presence powers awareness of its awesome blog content on management techniques, best practices and innovative ideas.
7. Asian Efficiency – Owner of the best tag line of the bunch, “You’re given 24 drops of time every day. Whether you choose to drink, spend or invest them – we’ll show you how to do it efficiently,” this blog offers detailed posts on time management, organizing, optimizing and creating more productivity in your life. Authors Aaron and Thanh offer a “new way of going about your daily tasks, projects and assignments, and completing them in the optimal time possible… without creating unnecessary stress, confusion or clutter.”
8. Ian’s Messy Desk – With more than 30 years of experience in human Resources, sales and marketing, Ian McKenzie shares tips and insights on personal development, time management and productivity apps.
9. Buffer Blog – Yeah, we’re big fans of Buffer App; we also love their blog about productivity, life hacks, writing, user experience, customer happiness and business.
10. Divorce Discourse – Don’t let the name fool you, Lee Rosen consistently shares practical advice for lawyers and law firms on how to run their practice more productively. I tend to include this site in just about every “top blog” list that I compile – it’s that useful and versatile.